Job Openings » Workshop Technician
Workshop Technicianby Guyana Logistics And Support Services Inc. (GLASS)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assembling and testing mechanical assemblies of low complexity and to train on more advanced/complex assemblies. The Technician is required to be professional at all times and adhere to company policies and procedures.
Candidate’s duties shall include the following:
• Assembles and tests assemblies according to given specifications.
• Completes required test documentation including test reports, failed test reports and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR).
• Cleans components after assembly according to given specifications and verbal/written instructions.
• Inputs labor details into Labor Tracking System (LTS) for cost tracking purposes.
• Uses material handling equipment to move parts and components from one work or storage area to another as required.
• Performs all duties in a safe manner and keeps all employees aware of dangers in work area. Practices good housekeeping in work area.
• Learns procedures and practices safety to prepare for next level.
• Assists other Technicians as assigned in more advanced functions as part of training.
• Guyana Technical Institute certificate in mechanical or electrical engineering
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Competency in Microsoft Office
• Courteous disposition with team player personality
• Ability to use hand tools, power tools and measuring devices such as tapes, rulers and pressure gauges.
• Ability to operate high torque wrenches, overhead cranes, jib cranes, forklifts and rigging will be an asset.